Students at Central Florida Hillel have the opportunity to interact with Jewish life in ways that are meaningful to them. Central Florida Hillel gives students the space to be who they are and leadership opportunities to become who they want to be. In any given week we offer an array of activities on various days and times so that Jewish life can easily fit into a student’s busy lifestyle.
Let’s explore a week of activities at Central Florida Hillel:
- On a Monday a student can make a decorative pillow for a child at a local hospital (Mitzvah Mondays) or attend a film screening and discussion with the film director in our movie theater (Film Series).
- On Tuesday a student can attend a meeting to learn about Israel advocacy on campus (The David Project) or learn about sex in the texts with a local rabbi (edJEWcation).
- On Wednesday a student can hang out at the Hillel table and make an edible Sukkah with candy and graham crackers (Tabling & Jewish Holidays) or compete in Israel trivia and eat food traditionally enjoyed in Israel (Hump Day Nosh).
- On Thursday a student can attend a performance of a Jewish spoken word poet and discuss how the poetry is relevant in his/her life (Speaker’s Forum) or play Jewish bingo with “Bubbe” and enjoy treats like grandma used to make (Bonding with Bubbe).
- On Friday a student can attend a committee meeting to create fun programming on-campus (Engagement Student Leader) or enjoy a creatively themed Shabbat appetizer, services and dinner as a way to wind down from a busy week (Shabbat dinner). Examples of themes are: Shabbark Shabbat (bring your dog or photo of your dog to Shabbat), Super Bowl Shabbat and Love and Laughter Shabbat.
And…if that doesn’t do the trick, Central Florida Hillel has terrific spaces for students to study, play pool, use a computer, relax and more. No one gets bored here!